Day 23 Internal Pip

@SammyKay
Any update on the eggs ?
So the egg that had the bigger hole was shaking a lot the past couple of days except today when it hasn't shaken but maybe a couple times subtly. The other one that only had a small tack sized hole and I didn't have out for that long hasn't shaken since day 23. But I did see movement in it when I candled before lockdown. I haven't opened up the incubator since day 24 and it's day 26 now. Not really sure what to do at this point except wait. I'm kind of scared to open up the incubator right now tbh ☹️

So the egg that had the bigger hole was shaking a lot the past couple of days except today when it hasn't shaken but maybe a couple times subtly. The other one that only had a small tack sized hole and I didn't have out for that long hasn't shaken since day 23. But I did see movement in it when I candled before lockdown. I haven't opened up the incubator since day 24 and it's day 26 now. Not really sure what to do at this point except wait. I'm kind of scared to open up the incubator right now tbh ☹️
You can open the bator quick and candle
If they have internal pipe you will want to remove the blocking of the holes
If that’s where they try to pip they won’t get air

You can open the bator quick and candle
If they have internal pipe you will want to remove the blocking of the holes
If that’s where they try to pip they won’t get air
I have a great update!! both of the eggs started shaking within the past few hours a lot and the egg that had the biggest hole in it started peeping for the first time!! Do you think that means its broken the inner membrane?

Yes
So glad both are doing good
Alright so I decided to wait till today to remove the tape just in case so I can reduce the time of the membrane being exposed. So I removed it pretty quickly while misting water in the incubator to hopefully compensate the loss of humidity and after, both eggs started shaking a lot. I'm still really concerned about shrink wrapping. Would they still be shaking if they were shrink wrapped? Also I haven't heard any more peeping just the one last night and then nothing. Thank you again so much for your advice in this. I really want to see these duck hatch safely 😊

Alright so I decided to wait till today to remove the tape just in case so I can reduce the time of the membrane being exposed. So I removed it pretty quickly while misting water in the incubator to hopefully compensate the loss of humidity and after, both eggs started shaking a lot. I'm still really concerned about shrink wrapping. Would they still be shaking if they were shrink wrapped? Also I haven't heard any more peeping just the one last night and then nothing. Thank you again so much for your advice in this. I really want to see these duck hatch safely 😊
Another update, the egg made a peep nose a couple times now and I see it from the hole moving a lot and making motions like it's trying to get out but I don't see any beak :/ and does that membrane look too dry to anyone else? Screenshot_20240202-091443_Gallery.jpg

With having those holes I would keep my humidity at 75-80% just because they will loose moisture faster with the eggs being exposed
Normally I run 65-70% as babies hatch it jumps up to 75-80
Not all babies make noise so don’t worry about that
I tap the top of my bator and talk to them
Sometimes they talk back or wiggle

With having those holes I would keep my humidity at 75-80% just because they will loose moisture faster with the eggs being exposed
Normally I run 65-70% as babies hatch it jumps up to 75-80
Not all babies make noise so don’t worry about that
I tap the top of my bator and talk to them
Sometimes they talk back or wiggle

Can I put coconut oil on the membrane to moisten it? I think I see where the beak I'd trying to break out but I think the membrane is too try

Dry membrane turns brown
White membrane isn’t dry
I wouldn’t add anything yet
It's officially day 28. The left one that was peeping a lot and I could see a lot of movement from the hole I made. It looked like it was trying to make a hole of its own which looked like a little bruise spot. But it stopped at some point and hasn't gone any further. Even it's breathing looks shallower. The other egg is starting to break through and peep a lot. Yesterday the left one was breathing a lot and now it's barely breathing. I'm not really sure what I should do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom