Dead duck egg? Day 28

Have you tried to candle the air cell again one if mine where really hard to see in the air cell i could only just make a triangular shadow in the cell but no bill in it. Can you see bruises anywhere on the egg? Im wondering if maybe its in the wrong position.

What is your temperature in the incubator? If its lower then maybe why its taking longer. Im really not sure if it would be worth putting a tiny saftey hole im the air cell? I really hope it hatches
I got the Apdoe incubator from Amazon it had really good reviews. But I’m not able to control the humidity, only the temperature. So after all this reading I’m doing it seems like that could be a problem. I got a humidity gage just now and it says 93% 🤦🏼‍♀️. I’ll be very disappointed if it doesn’t hatch but I guess I’ll chalk it up to learning. 😞

I got the Apdoe incubator from Amazon it had really good reviews. But I’m not able to control the humidity, only the temperature. So after all this reading I’m doing it seems like that could be a problem. I got a humidity gage just now and it says 93% 🤦🏼‍♀️. I’ll be very disappointed if it doesn’t hatch but I guess I’ll chalk it up to learning. 😞

I had the same problem and i had brinsea mini eco i had put a couple of paper towels under the lid just the corners of the paper towel to try and let a bit of the humidity out bit not have the lid open enough. It seemed to work. Maybe worth trying.

Have you tried to candle the air cell again one if mine where really hard to see in the air cell i could only just make a triangular shadow in the cell but no bill in it. Can you see bruises anywhere on the egg? Im wondering if maybe its in the wrong position.
IMG_5364.jpeg

It’s been in the same position for days where it hasn’t reached the air sack. Close but I see no movement, no progress.

View attachment 3813631
It’s been in the same position for days where it hasn’t reached the air sack. Close but I see no movement, no progress.
The only thing i can really think of is to take bits of the shell off at the air cell only and just take tiny little bits i used a tiny drill bit and just twisted it with my fingers very gently to get though the air cell to make a saftey hole some people use wood screws then i got some tweezers after 36 hours of no progress but mine had pipped externally and internally but was stuck so it ended up being a full assist but i knew that one was still alive the two i knew were dead i didn't open. I was going to but i had one die trying to get out itself it managed to hit a vein so i ended up just worrying about the two i knew were still alive. If you decide to take some shell off just have a look see if you can see veins or any movement from what you can see through the top but that depends if it wasnt alive anymore if you would be comfortable with seeing it

The only thing i can really think of is to take bits of the shell off at the air cell only and just take tiny little bits i used a tiny drill bit and just twisted it with my fingers very gently to get though the air cell to make a saftey hole some people use wood screws then i got some tweezers after 36 hours of no progress but mine had pipped externally and internally but was stuck so it ended up being a full assist but i knew that one was still alive the two i knew were dead i didn't open. I was going to but i had one die trying to get out itself it managed to hit a vein so i ended up just worrying about the two i knew were still alive. If you decide to take some shell off just have a look see if you can see veins or any movement from what you can see through the top but that depends if it wasnt alive anymore if you would be comfortable with seeing it
Sad to report after assist I found it had died. 😞

Aww im soo sorry its horrible. I feel so bad. I hope you are ok :hugsi think its worse when its soo close but sometimes theres a reason but you did everything you could
Thank you I do feel terrible! I was so sad. It’s all I thought about. Thank you for your help and support!

Back
Top Bottom