Dead or alive?

The thought of an exploding egg is very dramatic. If can inspire fear. They can explode but what often happens is that they seep a foul smelling fluid when they go bad. Handle these eggs carefully, you sure do not want to break one, and get rid if it outside. Fear any egg that has the rotten egg smell.
That is interesting, because I once had an egg “explode”. But all it did was crack along the middle and gross smelling goo was leaking out. It was definitely not what I would call an explosion.

That is interesting, because I once had an egg “explode”. But all it did was crack along the middle and gross smelling goo was leaking out. It was definitely not what I would call an explosion.
I have been sniffing my eggs like crazy no smell yet!! But today I had an egg half dark and half light? My candler doesn’t have enough lumens for me to tell if it has veins or not.

Attachments

• IMG_0854.jpeg
    IMG_0854.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 5
I have been sniffing my eggs like crazy no smell yet!! But today I had an egg half dark and half light? My candler doesn’t have enough lumens for me to tell if it has veins or not.
Are you saying the air sack takes up half the egg? That sounds like the humidity is too low. The air sack should not be that big

Oh, didn’t see picture. That doesn’t really look like the air sack. That is weird. Does it move when you rotate the egg?

It’s dark fluid the size of my pinky that I can kinda see floating off the black blob if I move it. But the blob as a whole stays in place.
Ok. I’ve had an egg whose air sack came became unattached to the shell, and was floating around. That egg was a dud. I’m thinking that is the air sack. Do any of the other eggs have air sacks that big?

Ok. I’ve had an egg whose air sack came became unattached to the shell, and was floating around. That egg was a dud. I’m thinking that is the air sack. Do any of the other eggs have air sacks that big?
One other but the rest look normal. These are the only two that are strange

Back
Top Bottom