Dealing with rooster

So that’s not normal rooster behavior? This is our first one got by accident as a chick. Right now he’s separated in the pole barn and this is first time in a while all the girls have been in the run freely.
In perhaps the last 20 roosters I've had, only one was witnessed harming the backs of hens and he was immediately processed. The majority of roosters I've had in my life are gentleman that protect hens, not injure them

In perhaps the last 20 roosters I've had, only one was witnessed harming the backs of hens and he was immediately processed. The majority of roosters I've had in my life are gentleman that protect hens, not injure them
Hm. Some of it may be that she is also molting so maybe just fragile feathers to begin with? But the some others being just generally scared of him as well I guess. Hmm so I guess well have to get rid of him.. do you think I can just turn on my atv in the pole barn and let him die by CO poisoning?

Hm. Some of it may be that she is also molting so maybe just fragile feathers to begin with? But the some others being just generally scared of him as well I guess. Hmm so I guess well have to get rid of him.. do you think I can just turn on my atv in the pole barn and let him die by CO poisoning?
I would never try poisoning as a culling method. Personally I use the broomstick method (cervical dislocation) and it's just about instant. Far faster than beheading

Back
Top Bottom