December hatch-along

We need step by step for this incubator too!   :D    :weee

She is the only one going right now, although four others are still in the "brooder" setting, and taking good care of their little ones. :-D

Anyone else want to say which is their favorite?   I haven't owned them, but I've hatched them because after looking around, loved, loved the Welsh Harlequin!  Even the girls have that pretty blue in their wings. 

We had ducks when I was a teenager, and we loved them! I don't know what kind they were though, pretty generic looking large white ones, but lots of personality!

So far I have 6 babies..silkies..and more are coming!   16 eggs went into lock down. 

Yay!!

Total hatched 69 of 71 that went to lockdown that were due yesterday the 17th. Kept 40 and gave 29 to my dad. This are Dark Cornish/White and Barred Rocks and Buff Orhington/Madisons. Removed my Buff male and left the Cornish with all my females rocks and Madisons 3 weeks ago and going to be setting more eggs without my Buff. Just set 38 eggs today of my flock with only Cornish males. How long could it take for the fertility of the Buff to clear out?

Awe, cute!

Total hatched 69 of 71 that went to lockdown that were due yesterday the 17th. Kept 40 and gave 29 to my dad. This are Dark Cornish/White and Barred Rocks and Buff Orhington/Madisons. Removed my Buff male and left the Cornish with all my females rocks and Madisons 3 weeks ago and going to be setting more eggs without my Buff. Just set 38 eggs today of my flock with only Cornish males. How long could it take for the fertility of the Buff to clear out?

Up to 4 weeks

Just candled my silkie eggs. 18 went in and we expected 4 not to be fertile which they were not so they go tossed last week....I just candled the rest of them and out of the 14 remaining eggs, 12 are viable. Looks like Im hopefully in for a good hatch. They go into lock down Tuesday.

Getting worried 9 went into lockdown its now day 24 and no signs at all of pipping rocking or anything. Anyone had chickens hatch past day 24 with zero signs?

We need..step by step instructions..or do you already have it on another thread..if so...let me know where! Nice hatch, Congratulations!
Try this:

I found the video very easy to follow and it worked wonderfully. The light clicked on and off and kept the temperature steady. I ordered the thermostat, computer fan, and hygrometer from ebay. My thermostat was a slightly different model, but I figured it out. I used nonslip shelf liner over a plastic container to place the eggs on. Inside the container, I used an old child's sock to absorb the water and keep humidity steady. If humidity got too high, I opened the lid for a few seconds and let it adjust back. I usually added a small amount of water 3x a day when I turned eggs. On lock down, I added a wet sponge to increase humidity and squirted additional water through one of the holes drilled in the bottom of the incubator using a child's medication syringe. The only thing I will do differently is get a larger container for the eggs to be placed on. My babies rolled off after they hatched. I want it to cover the bottom next time.

Good luck and I hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom