Designing and 3D printing feeders & accessories

Pics
Seems like this weird adaptation of some of my feeder stand parts is working. Two legs to hold most of weight that sits out from the wall and two slots in the back to zip-tie it on so it can't be pushed around. The lid snaps on and holds pretty well so I'm working on a version now that has hooks on the back to help make it more resistant to being tipped.

IMG_1175.jpg

Mr Tengu wouldn't use the feeder while I was in his partition since he just wanted hugs, but he went to have a snack as soon as I was in the other half of the enclosure.

IMG_1183.jpg

Seems like this weird adaptation of some of my feeder stand parts is working. Two legs to hold most of weight that sits out from the wall and two slots in the back to zip-tie it on so it can't be pushed around. The lid snaps on and holds pretty well so I'm working on a version now that has hooks on the back to help make it more resistant to being tipped.

View attachment 3958488

Mr Tengu wouldn't use the feeder while I was in his partition since he just wanted hugs, but he went to have a snack as soon as I was in the other half of the enclosure.

View attachment 3958487
Neat update, thanks.

Second port feeder is now built and in use with another flock, this time using silicone mat gaskets. This is not the long-term location for that feeder...too much invitation to rodents at night with that wide-spaced mesh. I put it out there at first because I didn't want to stop this particular flock from going past it into their coop if they found the port feeder spooky. Oh yes, so spooked...they were shoulders-deep into it as soon as I brought it in and the whole time I was trying to lift it up onto the bricks lol.
IMG_1225.jpg

Back
Top Bottom