Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
PIP PIP PIP OMG we got PIP on staggered hatch in same bator!!! he is chirping away!! Gonna upload a video after this!!!! COME ON BCMxComet/RIR YAYYAYYAYYA How freakin AWESOME IS THIS!!! EST DAY 20!!!

Last edited:
PIP PIP PIP OMG we got PIP on staggered hatch in same bator!!! he is chirping away!! Gonna upload a video after this!!!! COME ON BCMxComet/RIR YAYYAYYAYYA How freakin AWESOME IS THIS!!! EST DAY 20!!!

YAY! I have the same
smile.png
One pip on Day 20, I thought my eggs were all dead but it appears there is life in them yet, lol. Who knows if they will make it out but it's a start! I had my humidity down really low in an attempt to try and shrink the air cells before pipping, so now I'm trying to raise it up to around 60% now that I've got a pip. Hopefully it's not shrink wrapped already...

5, Yup I SAID 5 out of 6 PIPPING!!!!!! I SEE TWO BLACK BIRDS AND THREE YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes I am screaming!!! YAYYAYYYYAYAYYYA Holy beejeeezzzummmms pepperpots!!!!! Go peepers GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Holy crap I am thoroughly addicted to this!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP someone stop me!!!
ep.gif

Here is a pic of little man and Halo!! below that is the silkie mix that is keeping Halo company (SOMEtimes I really feel sorry for those peeps lol ) and then is the 10 Blue Part. Brahma who are getting their new coop this weekend!!!

I think they are getting shrink wrapped!!! they looked good zipping and now they look dry in only a few minutes!!!! The humidity is up to 77!!!! wtHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHeck

I think they are getting shrink wrapped!!! they looked good zipping and now they look dry in only a few minutes!!!! The humidity is up to 77!!!! wtHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHeck
Don't worry, I think if they've already started zipping there's a good chance they will go all the way. I *believe* shrink wrapping wouldn't allow them to zip at all. You can't put the humidity up any higher, just hang in there!!! If they stall for several hours and then seem to be pushing and not getting out, then you can start worrying
fl.gif
That is what happened with my little Ameraucana I assisted. She didn't zip at all and was trying and trying to zip and that's how I could tell she was stuck. Yours are probably just resting...

Last edited:
Maybe you can try moistening it. I actually fastened a makeshift tool, a long handled cooking spoon with a q-tip taped to the end, and I can fit it through the vent hole. I've been moistening the membrane at the pip hole of my one pip since the humidity was so low when it first pipped. Maybe you can try something like that, or mist them? Can you take a pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom