Do they ever get full?

They are growing!! I would never deny chicks as much as they wanted. Is your food old or stale? Maybe it is not nutrient dense enough.
It is fairly fresh. I keep it in an airtight bin. It's All Flock 20% protein crumbles by Purina. They get pumpkin, mealworm treat mix, and other goodies. I make sure they get as much as they want. It just amazes me how much they can consume.

I give them as much as they want. They are messy and I have discovered a lot of crumble on the floor of their brooder.

I always give them some mixed with water. They think it's a treat and it doesn't end up wasted like dry crumble.

I give them as much as they want. They are messy and I have discovered a lot of crumble on the floor of their brooder.

I always give them some mixed with water. They think it's a treat and it doesn't end up wasted like dry crumble.
Oh, yes that’s a good point. A lot of it might just be being spilled. One time I cleaned out my brooder and found a quarter inch layer of chick starter under the shavings. It was ridiculous.

I check the area around their food. It's picked clean except for the dust

My flock has been out in their run and coop for weeks. The rum is firt now. We are converting the run connected to the coop to more coop space. I don't put much bedding in the run except around the roost bars

Back
Top Bottom