do you have an easy way to cut quilt scraps

You can also find little templates to cut around (with the rotary cutter)

I think I have a square and triangle around here somewhere...

Then you don't need to measure each and every square either, just lay the template down and cut!

Zookeeper... you MUST post some pics of your quilts! I LOVE crazy scrappy quilts
big_smile.png

Quote:
You can buy a sharpener for them and also you can buy blades. Joann has a big sale this weekend coming up and I do believe they are coming on sale then. Happy quilting.

I use a rotary cutter and mat, too. I love it! I hate it whenever the blade gets dull, though. Mine's about due to be replaced yet again. Like Zookeeper9000 said, I get them on sale a JoAnn Fabrics (or I use one of my coupons they send me with their flyers or in my email
smile.png
).

I would definitely get a new blade, unless you want to try to sharpen yours. With a sharp new blade, you should be able to cut more layers of fabric at one time and it will go faster. If yours is dull, it must be a real misery to use.

Some people cut all the fabric at once and some people cut some and then sew a bit, to break up the monotony of the cutting.

Most quilters have parts of making a quilt that they like more or less. I've heard of a couple of cases where a pair of quilters traded jobs on their quilts. Too bad you can't find someone that likes to cut fabric!

Quote:
buy a replacement blade
Just a note : these are very sharp, years ago when they first came out my cousin was showing me how to match a plaid for a shirt for my DH.
We figured we would cut the peice in the front the buttons are on with the rotary cutter cause it was new and we wanted to try it out.

Long story short I cut the tip of her thumb off. Still feel bad about it.It was over 20 yrs ago.

Quote:
OUCH! It's very easy to do! Be sure to close up your blade everytime. I've accidently brushed it against my hand and ended up with 6 stitches! Even with that, I won't give up my cutter! I only use scissors for fussy cuts now.

Back
Top Bottom