Do YOU know it's gender?

CochinBrahmaLover

Girl, I'm FABulous
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
Warm.... Under a blanket... In Alaska...
It Kinda got a big red comb early (15 weeks, maybe? ), hangs out with a for sure austrolorp hen, had pointy hackle feathers but nadda single pointed saddle feathers. Completely round. Very odd, eccentric bird. Not very loud, but squawks if you catch it. The tail feathers are a tad rounded, but not enough to make me scream boy. Those rounded saddle feathers, if he was 20 weeks (ok no idea on its age) shouldn't he have saddle feathers ? So, that'd make 'him' a 'her', right? Gah, it's such an annoying bird!!! But, I love it xD and no, I can't tell you an age.

Note it's a spitzhauben (hatchery quality so has some polish I'm assuming) so it's anatomy is bit different then most crested chickens

Last edited:
Well first of all, what a beautiful bird! My jaw dropped when I saw how pretty the plumage is :D I am completely unfamiliar with the breed, I've only heard the name but if I had to take a wild guess I would guess its a cockerel based on the hackle feathers.

I´m posting this a little late but, anyway I agree it´s probably a Roo. Hope you can Keep him/her!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom