Dog Bit Duck

Liane O

Chirping
Mar 26, 2024
She has a bit of red blood on the bottom side of her breast and a patch of flesh up behind her leg and rear end. It’s no bleeding but raw.
I was wondering besides hydrogen peroxide, can I put Epsom salt in her bedding? Fresh Marjoram leaves as antibiotic in the bedding? Anything else?
She lost a handful of feathers but don’t know as a storm blew in immediately after applying the hydrogen peroxide and she went back into her coop.

separate her while it heals since other hens will peck at wounds. i’ve hear of something called blue coat that’s also supposed to be a liquid bandage that could help but i don’t have any experience with it. an epsom salt bath might help but might also sting. hydrogen peroxide should only be used if the wound needs to be cleaned since it damages the cells that heal wounds. i’ve also heard of honey having healing properties but again i don’t have experience. just keep her in a dog crate or tote for a couple days so others aren’t picking on her.

I grabbed a container from the freezer and she seemed to like the cold. She hated the Epsom salt and got mad at me. Didn’t stand it for 2 seconds. I also put the peroxide…prior to the frozen container of butternut squash which she’s sitting on.
I put her in a dog crate and took her in my room for the night. Make sure no bugs can get to her. Put blanket over the crate. So it’s good and dark.
My dogs won’t be happy not to sleep with me tonight but I hope she will be ok

Back
Top Bottom