Donkey Thread

PimsGarden

Songster
Mar 20, 2024
Andersonville, TN
1000005142.jpg

I absolutely love Donkeys and I work with a couple at the Museum of Appalachia, this is Frisco and Anton! I'd love to see pictures of your donkeys, one day when we have a bigger property we will get a pair.. until then, I'd love to see yours!

The farmer across the road has six of them. I take care of them and the rest of the animals about twice a year when she goes out of state. The donkeys are so friendly and come running to me when I'm out there. I just love them. Next time I stop over there, I'll get some pictures.

Being able to go over there to feed her horses, donkeys, geese, ducks, turkeys, guineas, and chickens gives me a fix so I don't have to own any of those but chickens. ❤️

@Love Donkeys I believe this thread is for you!

I'm planning on getting a mammoth donkey in the future as a guard when I get a herd of dairy goats. This would my retirement dream which is a long way away... I don't have the time to commit to more animals yet.
We had to put Wilburs brother down last year. This year we combined his pasture with our 4 remaining dairy goat whethers. He absolutely hates them. They are always stealing his food. Back when we had the 3 donkeys they would go after any goats that got in their pasture. Mine were definitely not good guard donkeys.

We had to put Wilburs brother down last year. This year we combined his pasture with our 4 remaining dairy goat whethers. He absolutely hates them. They are always stealing his food. Back when we had the 3 donkeys they would go after any goats that got in their pasture. Mine were definitely not good guard donkeys.
I read if they grow up with the goats with no other donkeys, they will consider the goats as part of their herd. Maybe because Wilbur grew up with his brother? Definitely won't be making any decisions any time soon and will make sure I know what I'm getting into!

Back
Top Bottom