don't know what to do...

slystr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
Dallas TX
here is my weather for the next 10 days. http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/tenday/75228?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_allergies
I am in a quandry about putting my 4 week old chicks into the hoop coop I've made. Currently they are in an attached but unheated garage in a 50 gal rubbermaid container. The temp gets down to the low to mid 60's at night. they are picking at each other I think because they are getting crowded. I'd like to get them into the coop to give them more room but I don't want to hurt them because of the cold. I can't get a bigger container to put them in like a fridge box cause it won't fit in my car. Here is my coop set up.
100_0232.jpg

WHat would some of you more experienced folks do?

Try to wait a week or two longer. 4 weeks old chicks can't take 50F weather. Maybe put them in the coop during the day, and take them back inside at night.

Last edited:
I, too, think it's still too cold for them to be out in their new coop just yet. They will be thrilled to be out there in another week or two though!

Though I'd suggest cutting off the ends of the zip-ties, at best they'll just pick at them, at worst they'll get poked or scratched by them when they fly around and play. Just a thought, I tend to be a bit paranoid when it comes to my chicks.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom