Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

lisa, I hope your back settles down soon.
last night I watered. at 6AM we had thunder and rain.
I did nothing today,. mainly because I dislike changing from good clothes to work clothes.
I did go out and ran the grinder. I sharpened a chipped screwdriver. the grinding wheel is a little out of round. I have a tool that will fix that.
the tiny squash are not growing larger yet.

Sometimes, Jim, it's good to have "do-nothing" days. Although, based on the projects not getting done here, I may be having a few too many of those:idunno I'll regret my slothfulness when it's too cold to accomplish anything outdoors.

I smiled when I read about not wanting to change from good clothes to work clothes. I probably inflict a lot of wear and tear on mine changing from "indoor clothes" to "outdoor clothes" and back again several times a day. Honestly, my indoor clothes are mostly just comfy, not up to par for actually wearing in public. That requires another wardrobe entirely -- like jeans without permanent stains or rips and shirts that have all their buttons.

Are you moving better, Lisa?

I was surprised to be able to pick two ripening Cherokee Purple tomatoes out of the dreadfully ugly, nearly dead garden. And, of course, there are gazillions of cherry tomatoes ready to be plucked.

The former "Theodora" continues to produce barely-audible crows, which just remind me of how disappointed I am that only one Ameracauna will produce blue eggs next spring.

The chicks spent all yesterday afternoon out of their run. They mostly stay in one small area in the yard -- encouraged to do so by the adult birds -- and at one point, all seven were cuddled together in the goose enclosure. Good thing Gussie and Golly were out for a stroll and didn't see them.

Congrats on picking all those tomatoes! I only filled one small container -- not because there weren't more cherry tomatoes, but because I was too lazy to climb over the fencing to pick. I just reached through the openings in the wire.

Your dad's treat sounds delicious!
That makes sense! If I had to climb over fencing I doubt I would have lol

And it was!!! :love

Are you moving better, Lisa?
Definitely moving better. Still some places that are sore. Wish I knew why this keeps happening. Don't really want to go to the doctor currently. Not sure what they would do. I'm sure it's just arthritis from years of heavy manual labor that I keep aggravating. My back doesn't like me lifting much these days.

We picked the rest of the pears yesterday. They are pretty tasty. Got about 2 ice cream pails full. Hopefully they don't all ripen at once. I can only eat so many a day. They are delicious, so if I gotta, I gotta.

Happy anniversary Jim. :) Doing anything fun today?

I got rid of my canning equipment a few years ago. With my bad shoulders it was too difficult to do. My pear tree is the root stock of the original grafted tree. Bought it at Jung's. The top died, and I left it to see. I'm glad I did. We don't get a lot of pears, and they are smaller, but so delicious.

Back
Top Bottom