Duck egg candling ? Help?!

What about the eggs in these videos ? Again not mine 😅

I should maybe also add that the dates may not mean much as this time miss duckie is sitting on the eggs outside, not in a box and we have had a few unusually cold days and nights

I should maybe also add that the dates may not mean much as this time miss duckie is sitting on the eggs outside, not in a box and we have had a few unusually cold days and nights

I'm not seeing veins again, but it's a little hard to tell for sure in the videos. I find it easier to see clearly when I candle from the bottom at the air cell. Do you know what day they are on?

I'm not seeing veins again, but it's a little hard to tell for sure in the videos. I find it easier to see clearly when I candle from the bottom at the air cell. Do you know what day they are on?
There should be evidence of veins like this. This is one of my duck eggs currently on day 17. Not all of the eggs will show that much veining (this one has the most) but you should be able to at least see some.

IMG_20230215_203255_066.jpg

The ones that are all dark could be alive and getting close to hatch, because they fill the egg at that time and you probably won't see veins by then. The clear ones are either infertile or were too recently started to see anything yet.

The ones that are all dark could be alive and getting close to hatch, because they fill the egg at that time and you probably won't see veins by then. The clear ones are either infertile or were too recently started to see anything yet.
Yeah I'm not a fan of the videos and the quality 😆 i wish i was able to go and candle them for her in person- ive gotten pretty decent at picking the living from the dead in person. I have informed her that its best to candle from the air sack end 😊 the darker eggs could be some where around day 20 give or take. The clearer ones could be around day 7 or possibly less due to the cold, from what i can see i think they may be developing but a bit delayed because the yolk part has been getting bigger/more orangey- but thats just what i think 😅

Yeah I'm not a fan of the videos and the quality 😆 i wish i was able to go and candle them for her in person- ive gotten pretty decent at picking the living from the dead in person. I have informed her that its best to candle from the air sack end 😊 the darker eggs could be some where around day 20 give or take. The clearer ones could be around day 7 or possibly less due to the cold, from what i can see i think they may be developing but a bit delayed because the yolk part has been getting bigger/more orangey- but thats just what i think 😅
I hope some hatch for her this time!

Ok, this is a crazy hail-mary pass...

This woman with the lone-duck, is she in Canada? I have a khaki Campbell sitting on 7 eggs, and ALL of them seem to be doing well, so if I can find a crazy-duck-love home for any of them (they are due in the next week -/+) I would be very happy.

Picture is Mom and Dad

Attachments

• IMG_20230127_143431_512.jpg
    IMG_20230127_143431_512.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20220719_123944_003~2.jpg
    IMG_20220719_123944_003~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ok, this is a crazy hail-mary pass...

This woman with the lone-duck, is she in Canada? I have a khaki Campbell sitting on 7 eggs, and ALL of them seem to be doing well, so if I can find a crazy-duck-love home for any of them (they are due in the next week -/+) I would be very happy.

Picture is Mom and Dad
Hey, unfortunately we are in Australia 😅😆 thank you soo much for the offer though 🤗🥰

Hey, unfortunately we are in Australia 😅😆 thank you soo much for the woffer though 🤗🥰
One example as to how being Common Wealth Countries is just not helpful... :(

I know her pain, I had a lonely duck, and I tried giving her babies. The problem was that although she was broody, she was not maternal once they were born. She is likely better getting her a sister. (Not two) later she can add a 3rd if she likes. But initially just one more... Slowly integrating them.

:hugs

Back
Top Bottom