Duck eggs, unsure on day. Help.

Good morning.

Unbelievably, these eggs are still going. I’ve checked this morning tho and found this (picture included). I too. The egg out, wiped it and there’s no crack and the duckling is still moving?!? What the heck is going on 🫣😅
Are you certain you're still seeing movement? Have you seen the ducklings growing and filling more of the egg or just staying the same?
No bad smells or anything from the eggs?

Just a little update. I really don’t know how with Donny now being 10 days old, but the eggs are still going! 😯
It surely could have been a staggered hatch. I have had my Ducks do that more than once. Especially being in the wild like that. I hope that these eggs hatch for you and all is well.

Are you certain you're still seeing movement? Have you seen the ducklings growing and filling more of the egg or just staying the same?
No bad smells or anything from the eggs?
Definitely moving and growing. The air sacs have grown slightly. No smells. They have now been in the incubator for 22 days so I’m thinking it’s got to be any day now 🤞

I’m slightly concerned that if this is the case, I haven’t turned them enough. 😢
Eggs only realistically need to be turned during the first couple weeks or so. Mainly the first 7-10 days. Once the embryo is able to move, it's not so important.
And if it makes you feel any better, I once saw a video of a guy testing the importance of it- he had two batches of eggs, one he turned, and one he didn't. Hatch rate was basically the same.
While turning is important and safer, they are not necessarily doomed if it doesn't happen as much!

Back
Top Bottom