KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
I decided to create a thread to show off the offspring of our ducks. I will keep this thread updated as much as I can. You might see the photos being posted in my other duck thread Colonel And His Females.
Colonel is a 2 year old Khaki Campbell drake, Duchess is a 2 year old Chocolate Indian Runner duck, and Kaeda is a 1 year old Blue Indian Runner duck.
Since, at the time of creating this thread, I don't have an incubator, all photos will be from people who hatched our eggs.
Photos will be posted below!

Ducklings 2.jpg
Ducklings 4.jpg
Ducklings 5.png
Ducklings.jpg

Adorable! Are you aware that the blue or non-brown ducklings are drakes? The blue x Khaki cross is sex-linked (if the male is the Khaki, female non-brown). Boys from them will be non-brown, girls will be brown or lavender. Since your chocolate duck contributed eggs too, the brown ducklings could be hens or drakes from her.

Adorable! Are you aware that the blue or non-brown ducklings are drakes? The blue x Khaki cross is sex-linked (if the male is the Khaki, female non-brown). Boys from them will be non-brown, girls will be brown or lavender. Since your chocolate duck contributed eggs too, the brown ducklings could be hens or drakes from her.
Really?? I didn't know this!

Love this thread!

Here's the offspring of my Fawn and white Runner drake and my Black runner hen! They were hatched out March 27-30th (one was super late). All were assisted :barnie which was SO stressful but worth it since 9 of the 10 eggs I set hatched!! Even the duckling who 4 days late and looked like she died in shell/smelled TERRIBLE made it with a bit of TLC.

I digress... lol anyways here are the ducks (as if I haven't already posted them on BYC 1000 times already)
tempImagexjmIOl.png tempImageV42teo.png tempImagewZFKkz.png tempImageENACWX.png tempImagephFInZ.png

fawn white runner + black runner. the baby in the pic is Gabriella but sadly she passed away. our fawn white runner hatched 5 of her own that look like this 1. they're ending up with light grey feathers with splashes of black (like a sapphire splash chicken lol) they're so cute!

Attachments

• 20210411_154822.jpg
    20210411_154822.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom