Duckling Grow-A-Long!

Yes, they should be done growing. They should be full size and have molted into their adult plumage by about now.
Okay! Good to know, thank you! I need to weigh them sometime.
They aren't as big as I was thinking and what I see online how much they should weigh. I assume its probably because they're hatchery quality and not breeder quality right?

Here they are! The males are so beautiful I am tempted to keep one and make babies! Hahaha. I have homes for both males though if they leave the flock. At least 1 will for sure.

I really wasn't expecting Maggie the Magpie to have such iridescence! She is beautiful! And my silver lace Wyandotte chickens have iridescence to their black feathers too. That is so unexpected and lovely!! And the calm colors of the Saxony. Man. I love ducks :)

Attachments

• 20240608_181833.jpg
    20240608_181833.jpg
    847 KB · Views: 11
Here they are! The males are so beautiful I am tempted to keep one and make babies! Hahaha. I have homes for both males though if they leave the flock. At least 1 will for sure.

I really wasn't expecting Maggie the Magpie to have such iridescence! She is beautiful! And my silver lace Wyandotte chickens have iridescence to their black feathers too. That is so unexpected and lovely!! And the calm colors of the Saxony. Man. I love ducks :)
Beautiful birds!

Here’s a very long needed update!
They are now 15 and 17 weeks old.
Three have names so far. The first picture of a Swedish is Chunky, the first picture of a Buff is Peaches, and the Welshie in the back in the picture of the group of Welshies is named Violet.

View attachment 3869091View attachment 3869093View attachment 3869094View attachment 3869095View attachment 3869096View attachment 3869098View attachment 3869099View attachment 3869100View attachment 3869101View attachment 3869102View attachment 3869103
So pretty! And so big! They look very friendly.

Back
Top Bottom