Easter Egger Chicks (or not?)

*Another Update*

Going on seven weeks now, still no idea what these guys are...
Still willing to wait until an egg is laid, but any ideas?
RIMG0840.JPG
RIMG0838.JPG

They look like speckled sussex to me. The one on the right looks like a male. And the one on the left has an awful lot of black coming in on its breast, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that one was male too.

They look like speckled sussex to me.
That's what I was leaning most towards. Is it usual that they have that much white and/or black on the chest?
The one on the right looks like a male. And the one on the left has an awful lot of black coming in on its breast, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that one was male too.
I personally doubt they're male. Their behavior is very henlike and I don't see any sickles, saddle, or hackle feathers.
My Sicilian Buttercup (one of the four "females" that I purchased together) is the only one that turned out to be male and he looks and acts very different than them.

It’s not unusual for mottled birds to start out with a lot of white on their chest as chicks.
Got it. Thought I'd ask because they look like sussex yet not like sussex at the same time!
A lot of black on the chest is a normal sign of a male.
Interesting. Not showing any signs of being male at all yet, but I will report back to you if she turns out not to be a she.

Back
Top Bottom