Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow I didn't know an EE could have feathered legs
Pure Ameraucana's are clean legged....but there are many crosses (easter eggers) that can be feather footed. The industry has called easter eggers > Ameraucana's for such a long time that it can be really
confusing. Out of the colored egg layers in this country, less than 20% are actual Ameraucanas..less than 5% Auraucanas, and the rest are crosses.

I found the personality, early maturity, hardiness, feather color, and egg color of the Ameraucana so interesting though that I actually cross them on purpose to keep those traits and get other interesting features. My current primary pure breed breeders consist of Ameraucanas, welsummers, & marans. Im not going past F-2's though or it will just be a cluster fu** of genetics. So some of the f-1's and all of the F-2's will be sold as chicks for colored egg layers (easter eggers)

lesson learned about community dark box

Community laying box that stays dark is great to stop egg pecking.......Community nesting box stinks for broody hens!!!! \

Hen goes broody
everyone else lays in same box
hen steals ALL eggs to sit on
hen sits on 20 eggs & needs prozac to help her cope with not being able to cover them all.
And like mine they end up breaking ALL the eggs!!!

Oh wow I didn't know an EE could have feathered legs
It has some Blue Maran features ( I raise Blue ones) and I agree with Bario...if it was a full BM it would not have the red bleeding through around the legs and bottom feathers (Or is that white...I can't tell from the shadow,)but instead in the saddle and neck. As Marans are feathered legs... in uncommon cases that can be passed on to a chicks. But....yeah..looks like an easter egger.
Here is one of my blue Maran juveniles

Mystery chick solved. It's an olive egger! The breeder that I got my chicks from cross a Black Copper Maran and a Blue Ameracuana for there Olive eggers. EE was very close so good guess :) Any guess on boy or girl?

Mystery chick solved. It's an olive egger! The breeder that I got my chicks from cross a Black Copper Maran and a Blue Ameracuana for there Olive eggers. EE was very close so good guess :) Any guess on boy or girl?
Olive Egger is considered an egg color type of Easter Egger. It still belongs to the easter egger group. So I was right.
tongue.gif
, LOL

Certainly looks like a good chance it is a female. Get us another pick about August 1st and we should be able to tell a lot more.

Last edited:
What a pretty little blue girl. She's big, too! My February hatch looks like they're about ready to lay. How about yours, Stang? It's funny to compare them to the orps I hatched at the same time. They still look like they're months away.

Here's my little visitor:

That's a salt block my friend set out for the deer. Spooky, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom