EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Yes, they respect them and a nanosecond after they send to die on the ice.
You've been watching too many late night horror movies filmed in Iceland. Besides all that, the ice is melting so fast, according to you global warming types, that it's gone before it's passenger has a chance to die. They consume so much whale blubber that they naturally float, which allows them to paddle to shore.

Yep, and take much longer to heal. The nice thing about Peruvian Paso horses is the worst they do is crow hop, or a low rear. They just don't fight like stock breeds, but some lines are fearful and take extra time. You have to repeat things a lot. They require patience and NO force. Once they join you they will give you everything they have. Lots of endurance and go too.
Same with the Walkers. Never had one offer to buck.

I use to ride a Belgian Stallion....once in a while, cause he was the worlds greatest horse....

He would never buck or do anything to bother a rider...HOWEVER his gait was a tad uncomfortable...BUT just riding a horse that size awed everyone around him.

If you got him to a gallop..damage could incur, and you had best hope you have had all the offspring you want my then..

Same with the Walkers. Never had one offer to buck.
I rode a Walker several years ago that we were looking after for a friend while he got his fences built. She was an unholy terror that would bite you if you turned to walk away, but she didn't buck. I'd offered to ride her to keep her in shape and I only ever made the mistake of riding her once. He'd been told she was green broke, which was fine. I've ridden several green broke horses over the years with few problems. But this girl, holy crap! Calling her green was the seller's nice way of saying she'd had some training under saddle and still didn't have the basics down. The first thing I do with a green horse is put them through the basics, but when I tried to get her to back she reared and tried to throw me off. I'll say this, I'm glad I saddled her myself or my butt would have been on the ground.

She wasn't the first the first Walker I'd ever ridden, but she was certainly the worst ride I've had. Aside from StarBuck bolting, but that was neither his fault nor mine.

You've been watching too many late night horror movies filmed in Iceland. Besides all that, the ice is melting so fast, according to you global warming types, that it's gone before it's passenger has a chance to die. They consume so much whale blubber that they naturally float, which allows them to paddle to shore.
Yes, now with the global warming they will drown and not freeze to death.

I rode a Walker several years ago that we were looking after for a friend while he got his fences built. She was an unholy terror that would bite you if you turned to walk away, but she didn't buck. I'd offered to ride her to keep her in shape and I only ever made the mistake of riding her once. He'd been told she was green broke, which was fine. I've ridden several green broke horses over the years with few problems. But this girl, holy crap! Calling her green was the seller's nice way of saying she'd had some training under saddle and still didn't have the basics down. The first thing I do with a green horse is put them through the basics, but when I tried to get her to back she reared and tried to throw me off. I'll say this, I'm glad I saddled her myself or my butt would have been on the ground.

She wasn't the first the first Walker I'd ever ridden, but she was certainly the worst ride I've had. Aside from StarBuck bolting, but that was neither his fault nor mine.
As a breed, they're generally pretty easy to get along with, as long as they understand what you want, but there's usually a bad apple in a full barrel.

Back
Top Bottom