egg is stuck inside skin and is hanging on the hens bottom

the3ofus+oursixchicks :

would it be ok for me to take rosey out of the plastic tub she is in and hold her or maybe let her walk around? she doesnt seem happy this morning.

It's at your own risk which it'll trigger her to lay and her egg will be stuck again. Like I said it is at your own risk.​

i just took her out in my bathroom not outside. to hold her for a few minutes and let her walk. the light is so low you can hardly see in there. she sat in my lap with her eyes closed most of the time maybe about 10 min and she didnt even care about walking around so i put her back in. i thought she might be getting depressed if they can get depressed. you have got to wonder what is going through her mind with all the darkness.she pecked at some grass i brought in this morning and only took maybe 2 sips of water she isnt as active today. also her crop feels like it still has food in it. i'm worried. is this normal for her?

Last edited:
the3ofus+oursixchicks :

i just took her out in my bathroom not outside. to hold her for a few minutes and let her walk. the light is so low you can hardly see in there. she sat in my lap with her eyes closed most of the time maybe about 10 min and she didnt even care about walking around so i put her back in. i thought she might be getting depressed if they can get depressed. you have got to wonder what is going through her mind with all the darkness.she pecked at some grass i brought in this morning and only took maybe 2 sips of water she isnt as active today. also her crop feels like it still has food in it. i'm worried. is this normal for her?

I pray that she'll get better and has her surgery area healed?​

I know my girls always seem depressed and lonely when I need to bring them inside by themselves. Could you bring a sister or two in for a little visit?

And, I would sit with her for hours on my lap if I was you! I wouldn't be able to help myself.

Back
Top Bottom