egg is stuck inside skin and is hanging on the hens bottom

well rosey slept in the coop last night. she was out around 7am bright eyed and bush tailed
big_smile.png
i let her hang out for about hr and half. then brought her in. i hate having to do this to he,r for her. also she squatted this morning
ep.gif
that doesnt mean she will be trying to lay an egg, does it? i know its a sign.

the3ofus+oursixchicks :

well rosey slept in the coop last night. she was out around 7am bright eyed and bush tailed
big_smile.png
i let her hang out for about hr and half. then brought her in. i hate having to do this to he,r for her. also she squatted this morning
ep.gif
that doesnt mean she will be trying to lay an egg, does it? i know its a sign.

It would seem like it, but maybe not? I've been reading fom the start, and I hate that putting her out for spaying is too dangerous. Laying eggs is just what a chicken does. I pray that God will intervene and fix her problems, and her next egg just slips on out.​

Squatting is a sign of a sexually mature chicken...I don't think it necessarily means she will lay an egg, just that she is old enough and mature enough to do so.

Quote:
shwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats a relief!!!!!!! i have heard so much about when they squat which she was squatting before all this happened. but when she did it this morning i was like oh no! thanks

the3ofus+oursixchicks :

do yall think i should let rosey go ahead and have her full 6 hrs of light a day? the vet said 4-6 hrs a day.

If it were me.... I'd air on the side of caution and only do 4 hours for about another week or so. Then move up to the 6 hours. You still have a month to go before she can try to lay an egg. I'd take it nice and slow.​

the3ofus+oursixchicks :

do yall think i should let rosey go ahead and have her full 6 hrs of light a day? the vet said 4-6 hrs a day.

I would try to delay getting Rosey into six hours of daylight for a little longer. I know it seems cruel but you are looking for longterm health for her. A few more days may be what allows her to heal more.

Rub the squatters on the back of he neck then grab their tail feathers and give them a shake. TheY will fluff their feathers and shake like a dog. It is a reaction to ruining they have mated and are trying to spread the sperm around. Looks cute, though.​

Quote:
You preformed emergency surgery on your chicken... and it worked?!?!?! Crazy stuff. I cant even cut my own hair, much less a checken vent. In fact, ever since one of my chickens projectile poops almost hit me, Ive steered well clear of the whole vent "danger zone".

Back
Top Bottom