egg is stuck inside skin and is hanging on the hens bottom

My, Rosie is so lucky. Hoping to see a pic of her looking more energetic.
tongue.png

How is Rosey doing??? I thought about her when my first chicken started laying last week. I was so nervous, but so far so good!!!

I am new at raising chickens and this exact thing is happening to my girl right now. I cleaned it, put olive oil on it, use Preparation H around the vent, tried to push is back in...no luck. Is cutting it open the only way? Did you use a regular needle and thread? Did you have to remove the sutures?

I am new at raising chickens and this exact thing is happening to my girl right now. I cleaned it, put olive oil on it, use Preparation H around the vent, tried to push is back in...no luck. Is cutting it open the only way? Did you use a regular needle and thread? Did you have to remove the sutures?

Did you soak her in warm water first so she could relax and try to expel it herself?

This happened to my chicken. The egg was stuck for a couple of days. I finally broke the egg to save the chicken. Just have to be careful to get all the broken shell out. She has stopped laying and I actually prayed she would to give her time to heal. She seems to be feeling better and is not staying off by herself all puffed up.

Back
Top Bottom