Egg production way down after switching from Nature's Best to KOFFI

HereForTheChicks

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2022
Egg production is half of what it used to be, immediately since the first day I switched. 4 days now, still getting only half the eggs. Maybe it's because it's not pelletized and the chickens avoid the grains that give them calcium? Anyone have this experience?
P1020532.JPG

Chickens hate change, and something like feed change can cause a break in the laying cycle. It's odd that the break took place within a day . Generally it takes a couple of days.

Chickens hate change, and something like feed change can cause a break in the laying cycle. It's odd that the break took place within a day . Generally it takes a couple of days.
It was immediate. After the first day I went to 50% old feed + 50% new feed, still way down these last 3 days.

And they're eating all of the new feed, same quantity as before.

Is it summer time heat wave where you are? Sudden heat days make my chickens stop laying after a couple days. As for example 10 chickens lay 5 to 9 eggs per day in regular weather. When summer comes suddenly eggs drop to 0 to 4 and sometimes up to 6. When you changed food did the summer heat get hotter?

Is it summer time heat wave where you are? Sudden heat days make my chickens stop laying after a couple days. As for example 10 chickens lay 5 to 9 eggs per day in regular weather. When summer comes suddenly eggs drop to 0 to 4 and sometimes up to 6. When you changed food did the summer heat get hotter?
It's consistently 90 degrees every day, but it's been like that for the last few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom