EMERGENCY NEED HELP QUICK

Arnul Torres

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2024
I had a late hatch. I ended up turning off the incubator on day 22 when it looked there was no sign of life for the last 3 eggs that werent piping. Woke to sounds of chirping with the eggs I left in box I was going to discard. What do I do? This egg must have been in that box for a little less than a day. I put it back in the incubator turned it on but the film on the looks like it hardened. I tried to help it but I saw blood so I stopped.

Also in case I need to do the unspeakable what would be the best humane and quick way to do it? I dont think the chick is gonna survive. I'll definitely wait and see but I also dont want it to be suffering.
There was no sign of life from the last 3 eggs, no sound or movement, nothing.

20240618_202801.jpg
20240618_202803.jpg
20240618_202816.jpg

alright just did that. Chick is still breathing and moving but it doesnt look like its trying to break out. The cracked parts were me trying to help it but it start bleeding and it scared me I was hurting it so I stopped.

This happened to me a long time ago. If it will die without you, I just get it out of the egg. I used warm water on my fingers to rub the dry membrane off gently. It might take 20 minutes. I kept trying and keep it warm. I dried it off when the membrane is gone. The chickens legs might need gentle stretching for days. It will need energy from food.

Back
Top Bottom