EMERGENCY SICK DUCKLINGS

You should get liquid B complex and start using it for your ducklings it is the best in the world for getting them over a niacin deficiency. TSC carries it it will say injectable but we use it orally over a small amount of feed or treat. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/ IMG_2678 2.jpeg

They only ate a bit from their feed and sometimes their poop looks normal and sometimes it goes back to being very watery. One of them can barely stand up and I am very scared she might not recover.

At night I use hot bottles of water to keep them warm but here the temperatures are naturally high during the day.
@Emma234 do you live in the USA?

That doesn't look too bad. I mean its treatable. He looks lively and not void of vitality I mean. You have a chance to treat and fix this.
The thing is that she's still refusing to eat. I don't know how this can be fixed if she does't get the nutrients she needs. Can the vitamins help even though they are not eating properly?

You should get liquid B complex and start using it for your ducklings it is the best in the world for getting them over a niacin deficiency. TSC carries it it will say injectable but we use it orally over a small amount of feed or treat. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/View attachment 3867178
I went to 6 animal markets today and none of them had any vitamin b complex. I got them a complex of vitamin b that is meant for humans.Could this work? Ordering it online isn't an option because if would take weeks to arrive from abroad.

Attachments

• 17188751126626098680382298976753.jpg
    17188751126626098680382298976753.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 3
Yes use it. Is it powder or liquid? can you buy syringes there? no needle you can give it to her by mouth we have instructions for doing it that way to keep the from aspirating on it. The syringe size would be 1ml which is what most diabetics use.

Yes use it. Is it powder or liquid? can you buy syringes there? no needle you can give it to her by mouth we have instructions for doing it that way to keep the from aspirating on it. The syringe size would be 1ml which is what most diabetics u
There are pills. I crushed one and put it in their water. I was thinking of giving them both half a pill everyday since the pill has 50mg of niacin. I heard that duckling should get around 10mg of niacin/day so 25mg for both sounds ok. Should I change the dose or is it fine like this? Also should I put it in a bigger amount of water or mix it with just a little and giving it to them with the syringe?

I'd use the syringe since you have no way of telling how much they are getting when you put into their water. You can put it into their water too just to get them on a good start. , they will pee out what their body doesn't need Just add enough water to the niacin pills to make 1 ml I'll get you the info on how to do it.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/ if you can get someone to help by holding the duckling wrapped in a towel then you have 2 hands to work to open the mouth and get it into the right place inside. This B complex should help stimulate their appetites too.

Back
Top Bottom