Eva’s Friends

I understand the Muddy Run situation. It's been terribly rainy here, too; I can't believe we are still technically in a drought because the dogs and I are dragging mud into the house every day. My feather-footed hens don't want to stay cooped all day, and I don't want their feet to be total messes.

Poor Helen! And why on earth does your neighbor let the Muscovies run loose in the road?

The falls look amazing. I enjoy seeing the places you've visited. You have a good eye -- and admirable interest in the world around you.

I'm a day late, but here we are. I've been sewing literally all day, and so I don't even know how to start.

Bad news first...
The ganders were fighting and Matt had a feather broken. It was bleeding so I applied pressure, VetRX, and cornstarch. He has to stay in the basement too and he's not happy. Thankfully he stopped honking finally!
IMG_8003.jpeg

The good news is, Jenny has gone broody. I won't say anything more for fear of jinxing myself but she has been sitting since Monday morning on five eggs. I blocked off that part of the coop and moved the chickies into Apt. 2 with her because they don't need a nesting box.
IMG_7951.jpeg

Jen's roommates took up residence in Apt 1.

Matilda's feet are getting better.

Finally, I finished the spring semester yesterday! :woot

The gallery is created from photos of daily life this week.

Cows in the neighbor's field on a foggy morning
IMG_7947.jpeg

Chickies are getting big - eight weeks old!
IMG_7976.jpeg

Stanislaw
IMG_7992.jpeg

"Our" frog - he has been living somewhere on the pool since we moved here. Sometimes we find him inside when we go swimming.
IMG_7997.jpeg

Evadig
IMG_7814.jpeg

Trying to entertain Brianna...
IMG_7327.jpeg

Remember Lily got stuck in the basement last week? Here she is from the inside.
IMG_7739.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7996.jpeg
    IMG_7996.jpeg
    451.7 KB · Views: 1
Poor Matt! I'm sure it's a relief that he stopped honking -- I love my geese, but I wouldn't want to listen to them indoors for too long.

Congrats on finishing up your semester!

As always, great photos -- and I like Brianna's window perch.

I am so tired. I am literally falling asleep as I write.

I just got home from D.C. And had to run out and feed all the birds, every last one of them was out of food. I thought I'd given them enough...

Jen's still going strong. I haven't candled her eggs, so I hope she's not sitting on them for nothing.

A few hens appear to have coccidiosis. I have started putting Corid in their water.

Both Matt and Helen are doing better.

I can't believe it's been a whole year since I joined BYC. Where did the time go?! I remember I was so shy back then. BYC has helped in so many ways that have nothing to do with chickens.

Summer semester began Monday. I am taking a two week class along with two seven week classes. Then I have two more seven week classes, and I'm done!

I have almost no pictures of Eva's friends, but plenty of D.C. I will share them here, and hope you enjoy them despite the bad quality!

The Hope Diamond
IMG_8195.jpeg

Thomas A Edison's phonograph
IMG_8200.jpeg

Various old household objects including a vacuum
IMG_8204.jpeg

General Grant's carriage while he was President
IMG_8215.jpeg

Clara Barton's Army nurse wagon
IMG_8213.jpeg

President John Quincy Adams' chess board
IMG_8219.jpeg

General Philip Sheridan's horse Rienzi, renamed Winchester after his famous twenty mile ride
IMG_8223.jpeg

Ceiling of the Capitol Rotunda
IMG_8240.jpeg

Statue of General Dwight Eisenhower in the Capitol Statuary Room
IMG_8256.jpeg

General George Meade
IMG_8260.jpeg

Brianna
IMG_8164.jpeg

A part of the Wall of Remembrance at the National Law Enforcement Memorial during National Police Week
IMG_8264.jpeg

Good morning y'all! I noticed you always write in at 5 AM, you see :).

Not much going on here. Jenny is on Day 13, still going strong. She scared me for a bad minute 'cause she got off the nest for a whole half hour. But I read that a hen can get off for up to an hour. She is sitting on six eggs, not five, and two are definitely developing (I took the opportunity to candle them while she was gone). I don't know about the others so I'm leaving them there just in case.

Matilda also decided to sit on a couple duck eggs, but I don't trust her. She failed me once, might do it again.

The chickies are almost eleven weeks old. They still have not got to free range. I feel bad for them but it's in their best interest at the moment.

Patience
IMG_8305.jpeg

Faith
IMG_8307.jpeg

Hope
IMG_8309.jpeg

Charity
IMG_8311.jpeg

Helen
IMG_8316.jpeg

Eva and Annie Beth
IMG_8318.jpeg

A white rose
IMG_8335.jpeg

Hilda and Winnie look like two ladies out for a walk, don't they?
IMG_8291.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom