Experience with Poulin Grain?

I've been using Poulin Grain ever since I first started raising chickens. The grain is good with a fair price. If you're going Layer, there is Marigold extract in it that will give your hens rich looking yolks.

Thanks @Lacy Duckwing
Iā€™m very new to all this. Not getting my pullets until May. Trying to do my homework now and learn on BYC. But Iā€™m sure the real learning starts when the girls come home!

Feed is a hot topic, especially right now. It would be so much easier, and cheaper, to go with Producerā€™s Pride. But have been turned off with *some* peopleā€™s experiences.

Iā€™ve been looking into Poulin Grain and really dig the high protein and, especially, the essential oils. Iā€™m in New England and Poulin Grain is sold at a ā€œMa & Popā€™sā€ store not too far from me.

Just wanted to hear from those who actually use it.

Thanks @Lacy Duckwing
Iā€™m very new to all this. Not getting my pullets until May. Trying to do my homework now and learn on BYC. But Iā€™m sure the real learning starts when the girls come home!

Feed is a hot topic, especially right now. It would be so much easier, and cheaper, to go with Producerā€™s Pride. But have been turned off with *some* peopleā€™s experiences.

Iā€™ve been looking into Poulin Grain and really dig the high protein and, especially, the essential oils. Iā€™m in New England and Poulin Grain is sold at a ā€œMa & Popā€™sā€ store not too far from me.

Just wanted to hear from those who actually use it.
On the feed topic, I highly suggest the Poulin Grain. Just because a grain is cheaper, doesn't mean it's better. Because I've been using Poulin for years, I know it's good. Also, I've heard of these significant price jumps on these other brands. Poulin doesn't do that. They keep their prices pretty close to the same, and raise them gradually, instead of an all-at-once shock. (I know this because I talked to my dealer, plus I've been keeping my receipts for awhile now.)

You could buy Poulin Grain's Egg Production+ for a higher protein diet. It has 18.0% of protein compared to their Layer's 16.5% protein. It does cost a little bit more (At my dealer last I bought it, $22 compared to $18), but if it's the higher protein you want, go with that. My flock is typically fed the Layer pellets, which works fine for them. (I have 18 layers of differing ages that are all under 2 yrs. of age.)

Hi there!

What are your thoughts/experience with using Poulin Grain? Please do share! šŸ”

Thanks everyone!
Iā€™m getting ready to switch to this brand. Iā€™ve heard good things. I have been using nutrena naturewise and happy with it but it isnā€™t convient for me to obtain any longer. What did you end up using

Back
Top Bottom