Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Where in the NE corner? I'm in NJ. I just received my new incubator today and was thinking of trying out this hatching thing, since Leisha approved my two birds as worthy. They are very nice, but I could not promise SQ. I also was planning to have a few available for our spring show in Sussex Cty on May 21 this year.

First of all I am interseted in LF. I don't know what you have. I am about 20 miles SE of Scranton. About 1 hour ride to Delaware Water Gap.I only want about 4-5 hens. I just want nice pets, I don't need SQ.

Last edited:
Quote:
I might have some for sale but it will probably be late spring/early summer.
Dick

I'm only looking for about 4-5 LF hens so that does no good for shipping. MA. is quite a drive for me.I don't know if there's any other options.I am also in no hurry, so late sping/ early summer is not a problem.

Last edited:
Quote:
Where in the NE corner? I'm in NJ. I just received my new incubator today and was thinking of trying out this hatching thing, since Leisha approved my two birds as worthy. They are very nice, but I could not promise SQ. I also was planning to have a few available for our spring show in Sussex Cty on May 21 this year.

First of all I am interseted in LF. I don't know what you have. I am about 20 miles SE of Scranton. About 1 hour ride to Delaware Water Gap.I only want about 4-5 hens.

Last edited:
OK, I've been doing some thinking. ...... I know, scary right??

Even before the discussion of how great the awards that Dick used to give for the national I was thinking of some ideas. No offense to Leisha by any means because I have no idea what she has been doing.

I started thinking about it at at the APA national in Shawnee. It was the national for the Japanese Bantam Club and WOW!! I have first hand knowledge of the prizes because my Mom's little 3year old mottled hen won best of breed of a little over 200. She was tickled pink but of course it ticked some people off she thought it was unorthodox to pick a mottled. Oh well.

Prizes included, and a lot of them were donations from members, cash awards for best of breed, best hen, pullet, cockerel, cock, etc. I think these were awarded by the club and some additional were also personal donations. She also got a beautiful plaque that was sent from the british japanese club? and each year a new plate is added with that years winner for BOB. One of the members hand painted in oils and framed a GORGEOUS painting of some japanese and that also went to BOB.
57451_10901_trophies.jpg

So I guess what I'm saying is anyone who wants to or can please donate to the faverolles fanciers club so that we can have an awesome national in 2011. Contact Leisha and donate any you can, even if it's little bits here and there. Then when the prize list is awesome, we can be excited and proud to have such a great club.

Quote:

First of all I am interseted in LF. I don't know what you have. I am about 20 miles SE of Scranton. About 1 hour ride to Delaware Water Gap.I only want about 4-5 hens. I just want nice pets, I don't need SQ.

I will have about a dz eggs hatch on the 28th. (Hopefully) I live in NE Indiana. I put them in the bator for a test/learning hatch for me. If you want and can't find any closer I could keep a couple girls for you. Let me know. I won't be able to tell you which roo is the sire. As I mentioned before this hatch is a learning hatch for me so the birds were not separated out.

Back
Top Bottom