Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Peter are you venting again? LOL I love when you do that. Pat Malone and I were talking about you last weekend. He judged my birds.

Yes, but his rants are always sooo educational, as well as entertaining!
gig.gif

The High Dester Museum has their chicks! The Living Collections Curator drove over yesterday evening and picked them up. They got 21.
yippiechickie.gif
I'll be going over for a "behind the scenes" tour, and to help them with a first round cull later this summer, and then will go back again when the birds are older for another cull. We chatted quite a bit and they really want to breed to standard and to make an effort to better the breed.
woot.gif
bun.gif

Quote:
That is such a wonderful facility. I always enjoy stopping and looking. It's nice to hear there is also a purpose to their project of adding live chickens besides tourist interest. Now I'll have another reason to visit
smile.png
They'll be like family.

Here is my first Favorelle chicks!
big_smile.png
I am going to try to get a better one tomorrow. I missed a great pic when they were all dustbathing together! They are about 7 weeks in this picture! I have four but missed one in this pic because she is always the one to go flitting around first. She is quite the risk taker! I will try to get a better one of them now that I finally got a new camera!!!

HPIM3095.jpg

Quote:
OMG!!!!! They are so big!!! Wait until my daughter sees them! I'm so glad you're enjoying them Lisa. The hyper one is the little girl, right? Boy, she's got some personality. You'll have to get a couple of picks of their faces for us. Gives them hugs and kisses from us!

(OK, back to acting like an adult!
wink.png
)

Last edited:
Yes, it is the little girl! LOL I just love her though and the little boy with the more white feathering on his back just loves to cuddle! LOL They follow me everywhere and I have to be really careful if I stop quick or turn around. LOL Yes, I missed a great pic today when they were all out dustbathing but I am going to see if I can get some better ones tomorrow. They are really starting to chunk up and doing well! The one little girl is still smaller than the rest but she is doing great.
This was a pic I managed to salvage off of my old camera and it was when they were done exploring the barn. They are great! I just love these little ones even though they still scream when they see me in the morning!
wink.png

Ok, edited to add some pics I got today. Here ya go Mary!
wink.png
I got tons of pics today! LOL Sorry but I couldn't help myself with all these pictures!
hide.gif

SAM_0073.jpg

SAM_0063.jpg

SAM_0064.jpg

SAM_0065.jpg

SAM_0066.jpg

SAM_0067.jpg

SAM_0068.jpg

SAM_0031.jpg

SAM_0029.jpg

SAM_0015.jpg

SAM_0014.jpg

SAM_0013.jpg

SAM_0012.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:

culling doesn't always mean to kill. most times people will sell off the ones that don't make the breed standards they are looking for. LF favs might be killed for meat since the breed is considered dual purpose. the hens will still be useful for someone that just wants them for the eggs and don't plan on breeding.

Chickie'sMoma :

Quote:

culling doesn't always mean to kill. most times people will sell off the ones that don't make the breed standards they are looking for. LF favs might be killed for meat since the breed is considered dual purpose. the hens will still be useful for someone that just wants them for the eggs and don't plan on breeding.​

Exactly
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom