Faverolles Thread

Quote:
I you type in " Aviculture Europe" go to" archives" The right hand list in in english. Click on" Volume 1 number 2 December 2005". Scroll down and you will see a picture of a German female Faverolle. Open that up and scroll down and you will see a picture of an other "claire" male Faverolles and below that is a picture of a female "claire" Faverolles. You can see the difference in the hens, the "claire" is much lighter than the regular salmons.
Dick

Quote:
I you type in " Aviculture Europe" go to" archives" The right hand list in in english. Click on" Volume 1 number 2 December 2005". Scroll down and you will see a picture of a German female Faverolle. Open that up and scroll down and you will see a picture of an other "claire" male Faverolles and below that is a picture of a female "claire" Faverolles. You can see the difference in the hens, the "claire" is much lighter than the regular salmons.
Dick

I couldn't get that site to come up. The server must be down or something. I did a search for "Claire Faverolles" though and found this site, http://www.plumage.eu/l-univers-de-jardinbleu1107-f195/faverolles-claire-saumonefrancaise-t4903.htm . Wish I was fluent in French . . . but the color of the birds pictured is certainly different.

Quote:
Dick

I couldn't get that site to come up. The server must be down or something. I did a search for "Claire Faverolles" though and found this site, http://www.plumage.eu/l-univers-de-jardinbleu1107-f195/faverolles-claire-saumonefrancaise-t4903.htm . Wish I was fluent in French . . . but the color of the birds pictured is certainly different.

Not the same pictures but you can see how light the hens are. With the mahogany gene they come out darker.
Dick

here's a pic of a mahongany hen

19130_100_1093.jpg

Quote:

Not the same pictures but you can see how light the hens are. With the mahogany gene they come out darker.
Dick

I did a translate on claire, its clear in french, so it 'clear salmon'

Quote:
These hens/pullets remind me of the Rose Isgrigg line.
Dick

I don't know any Fav lines, so is that bad or good?

OH I checked out her website.

I'm happy then. I love her birds.

Does anyone see any problems so far from these so so pics that I should be aware of for breeding?

Quote:
You really need to wait and post pics when they are older. There is a little bit of smut that I can see on the first pullets beard, but that may disappear with her first moult.

Back
Top Bottom