Faverolles Thread

My oldest SF pullet layed her first egg today!
wee.gif

Just wanted to share.
big_smile.png
My question is also how old? I have 22 week olds and waiting
pop.gif
. They are getting redder in the comb and are protesting less when the cockrels jump them so I am hopeing soon.

This site is no longer working well on my old computer (my lap top broke down on me).

I think I may have to, unfortunately, order faverolle chicks from a hatchery (even though I want better quality than that).

***Out of all the hatcheries, which ones would you guys reccomend?***

And if you could please ***PM*** me your answers, I'd appreciate it, just in case I can't get this thread to open again.

I was thinking of going to one of the shows in Ohio, but am afraid I won't find anything for sale and would return empty handed.

I have wrote to several different people from Faverolle Fanciers, but haven't heard anything back after all this time.

Just kind of sad I am missing out on Faverolles still after all of these years searching!

This site is no longer working well on my old computer (my lap top broke down on me).

I think I may have to, unfortunately, order faverolle chicks from a hatchery (even though I want better quality than that).

And if you could please ***PM*** me your answers, I'd appreciate it, just in case I can't get this thread to open again.

I was thinking of going to one of the shows in Ohio, but am afraid I won't find anything for sale and would return empty handed.

I have wrote to several different people from Faverolle Fanciers, but haven't heard anything back after all this time.

Just kind of sad I am missing out on Faverolles still after all of these years searching!

This is a terrible time of year to try to get birds, or even hatching eggs. The best thing to do would be to make contact with breeders VERY early in the year to get put on a waiting list for spring. I start my waiting list in late December / early January for spring...

Do Faverolles take a while to "mature". I got 2 pullets from Murray McMurray, I kept the bigger of the two and gave the other one to my brother. The one I kept, she has just always seemed smaller than the others still. She seems to be about the same size as my Dominique but with shorter legs. Compared to the Wyandottes and Cochins she is tiny! They are all 20 weeks. I thought they were a large breed?
I do have to say though her beard has finally started to come in nicer, for a while it looked really scraggly.

Back
Top Bottom