February 2023 hatch-a-long

2 external pips (and I think the rest have pipped internally). Both Australorp eggs slopped. A temporary brooder with a heating cable ready. Water in both containers in the incubator to increase humidity. Food should arrive tomorrow, i also have some other stuff just in case. I can hear the chicks ❤️ Kikilu how are yours doing?
What day are you on? We are on same hatch date right?

Last edited:
What day are you on? We are on same hatch date right?
Yes, but i'm im a different time zone. Just starting day 20 (just gone 5 a.m. here). I think mine are a day or maybe half of a day early. Don't worry. It's better if they're on time. Don't rush it!
Just checked the eggs, even the Australorps have pipped (and they had massive veins in the membrane when I checked 8 hrs ago so I expected them to wait a bit more). There are still a few with nothing but i can hear some action in there 💪).
No zipping yet, thank God!

Last edited:
Someone virtually slap hands away from the eggs and tell me to let them be.
My new business idea is an incubator that only lets you candle once a day.
I was awake at 4 am (thanks to my 7 month old baby) and I also decided to candle the legbar egg that was peeping yesterday. Well, it literally pipped the shell when I picked it up!! I guess the flashlight startled it enough to pip lol. I had 3 other external pips and lots of movement…should be more action later today!

Back
Top Bottom