February 2023 hatch-a-long

I have to lock the room with my incubators and brooder because I also have a son obsessed with flashlights, machines, eggs, and chicks šŸ«£ heā€™s ok with chicks but I donā€™t trust him at all around the incubators/unhatched eggs. He loves candling eggs with me, but I have to lock the room after so he doesnā€™t go back in when Iā€™m not looking!
I have been lucky enough that he doesnā€™t understand that a chick is in the eggā€¦otherwise Iā€™m positive this would have happened right from the beginning. He loves the chicks and loves to set with them but he hasnā€™t figured out what is inside the eggs yet. Even when candling he shrugs his shoulders at me. I think once he sees them hatch he will understand a little better. At least I hope.

A8162FFC-E5D4-4DD2-840D-9AA84BE62752.jpeg

Just candled mine, all are alive and on another egg I rescued from the same person ( Did a second check today and found another egg that was slightly behind, most of hers seems to have all internally pipped believe it or not and are only on day 18/19, then again they are bantams for the most part. ) Anyways, on that egg tonight when i candled it, I saw the chicks tiny little foot moving around. This egg looks to be on day 15/16. My others are on day 14/15, 12/13, and 11/12. .

Back
Top Bottom