Fermenting Chick Feed?

Hello!

I recently started fermenting my chicken food, and am wondering if I can do it for chicks too. If so would I do it for all chicks or just older ones? Would they be okay eating fermented Whole Corn?
I ferment my chicken feed but have never fed my newborns any. I usually wait until my young are 4-6 weeks old before introducing them to fermented feed. That’s not to say that you can’t , I just don’t.

I would steer away from all corn. There is no nutritional value to it at all. Stick with formulated all flock or chick feed.
Good luck

Hello!

I recently started fermenting my chicken food, and am wondering if I can do it for chicks too. If so would I do it for all chicks or just older ones? Would they be okay eating fermented Whole Corn?
You will ferment any feed you give your chickens at the moment, whether they are crumbles, scraps, scratching, or whole grains and seeds. The higher your feed consistency, the greater your chickens can benefit from lacto-fermentation. ... I use a gallon-sized glass jar for my flock of three hens.

You will ferment any feed you give your chickens at the moment, whether they are crumbles, scraps, scratching, or whole grains and seeds. The higher your feed consistency, the greater your chickens can benefit from lacto-fermentation. ... I use a gallon-sized glass jar for my flock of three hens.
Interesting, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom