FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hey cmon! Great pictures! All chickabees are set up in the family room. They seem happy as can be, Marilyn and Jean keep wanting to "fly" (more like, jump with attitude) to the window ledge for a peek outside. Heat lamp is over their "bed" and I just gave a looksee and they're all cuddled up and dead to the world! My honey will be pleased they stay inside...with a trip to the compost pile hopefully this weekend if weather allows. It's chuck full of lil' bugs and worms and I know they will go ape crazy on their first "picnic"
To Bean789: Fort Knox is just what it is! Still have to finish the bottom of the run but I opted for a Galvanized Steel Hardware Cloth with 1/2 inch mesh size all around...floor/ground cover included. Unless some critter has wire cutters, no way they getting in! Way more $$ but I am not loosing one chick if I can help it!
And on the "wife's permission" HA! I don't need her permission! I just need to say so....heh...after all, she does keeps me in bourbon!
In my other coops for the older chicks I used 1" x 2" wire for the part under the roosts because when they get older the poop will go through it but not the ½" x ½" so well. That is fine for smaller chicks. My brooder cabinet has ½" x ½" wire. I had to move it out to the garage because we had company. I hope this helps. Good luck and have fun...
photosmile.gif

This coop is a duplex. I do rake out the poop from under the coops and put it in a compost pile.

They just wanted to get their picture taken.

Back
Top Bottom