FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

2 HEN OWNER. SOUTH EAST FLORIDA.
QUIET WELL BEHAVED HENS.
LARGE BACK YARD IN CITY WHERE CHICKENS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

welcome-byc.gif
You're in good company here. Sounds like you won the chicken lottery getting both quiet AND well behaved girls.

I'm back from being gone for two weeks in North Carolina. I had to leave my chickens in the care of a local friend who promised to feed them per my instructions. I just got back today and found the birds are doing great! Here's to good neighbors! What a relief!

Helen sounds like we are doing the same. Good luck to you!

Bangarang- Lucky you! I'm really worried about leaving my crew. Not so much that they will starve, I have a feeder and several waterers. But, I hate the idea of them sitting on their eggs for a week. Much less that something could happen and it would be that long before anyone knew about it, etc. UGH> Makes me wish for a chicken boarding facility. LOL. If only they wouldn't completely stress out over something like that, and if there wasn't so many other problems associated with it like illness being so easy to transmit, etc. Guess that is part of the problem with keeping them under the radar. *shrug*

Anticipating this little cold front that's heading south. Winter is coming!!!!!!! Well, I guess for those of you in North FL, winter is already there!

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the place to post this or not....Was visiting my brother a couple of weeks ago and we drove by a TSC. Not having one in Pinellas County, I was excited. Hurried through and when I got home realized that I had gotten pellets. Have tried for over 2 weeks to get my girls to eat it and they just won't have anything to do with it. Probably 40 lbs left of Dumor layer pellets available to anyone who wants it. I even tried crushing it up and they just won't eat it. Made the drive to NPR and got the crumbles and they eat it just fine. Chickens! Gotta love them. Maggie 727-536-8153.

I recently switched my pullets over to pellets. At first they turned up their noses at them so I mixed in some crumbles. Each time I filled their feeders, I added less and less crumbles. Now they eat only the pellets. If they get hungry enough they will eat the pellets. Try another brand. My birds didn't eat the Dumor very well either.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom