For MR. DAD (and anybody else interested)

birdlover

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Northern Va.
Hi!
Thought I'd give you this wonderful website all about chicken tractors. If you scroll down a ways, there's a little blurb about her experience with raccoons. http://home.centurytel.net/thecitychicken/pictorialhistory.html
I
guess, when I said in another thread that raccoons can chew through chicken wire, what I really meant was they can tear it apart and get in that way BUT, as mentioned by the author of the website, they have other sneaky ways of catching a chicken too. I think you can build a good pen and go away for a night or two but I wouldn't leave the door to your coop open so they can go in and out at will. I'd have a neighbor check on them once or twice during the day and let them in and out of the coop mornings and evenings. jmho

Awesome link thanks....I saved it......

We have some big garbage fed coons around here....haven't seen them yet but they'll be around soon I'd bet.......

These guys (the chickens) are really good about going in to roost now....I'm wondering if I can get an automated door of some kind.....I can't really count on my close neighbors .....we have a few local friends that would help out, but if they forgot one night it could be a disaster......

Dennis

Back
Top Bottom