I don’t think you ask every year lol.

It started 6/15 but we usually don’t see storms until July. It is quite humid for us though, dew point was 62 this morning and the air was dead still. Found out the haze was from a dust storm in New Mexico that got blown into the valley here. It’s pretty gross outside.

So you have a bit to wait until you get your rainy season.

One of our mods (TwoCrows) lives in NM and they are having some horrible wildfires out there...wonder if any of that dust or haze was related from that.

😬So you have a bit to wait until you get your rainy season.

One of our mods (TwoCrows) lives in NM and they are having some horrible wildfires out there...wonder if any of that dust or haze was related from that.
😬 I hope all is well at her place; I’ve heard about the fires there, we have/had a few here as well. Under fire restrictions at all parks, etc.

It is brutal outside. The wind is blowing so it’s like sitting in front of a hair dryer; the sky is washed out, hazy blue as though it has been bleached by the sun. Got a hose on for the chickens and I saw them in their pool. Ice blocks are ready and I have some cold grapes for a snack. I’m sitting in my room with the curtains drawn, drinking ice water with a fan on. The dogs are here too, playing ball from time to time. The teenager and his mother are cleaning. It’s about time.
It almost got to 25C (77F) here a couple of days ago. That was enough for me. I don't not understand how I used to cope with heat in Spain.
Having the right type of building helps a lot. No air conditioning in my house or the main house in Spain with outside temperatures at 36C to 40C in the late summer.
The flat I now live in feels hot at 25C.

It almost got to 25C (77F) here a couple of days ago. That was enough for me. I don't not understand how I used to cope with heat in Spain.
Having the right type of building helps a lot. No air conditioning in my house or the main house in Spain with outside temperatures at 36C to 40C in the late summer.

Do you miss Spain Shad? I used to enjoy your posts about living there, and your photos.

That’s the temp I have my a/c set to!

I agree the type of building is huge, and so is ventilation. Even though it got warm in Spain you weren’t in an area with a lot of heat sinks like concrete, pavement, etc so I bet that helped too.

Do you miss Spain Shad? I used to enjoy your posts about living there, and your photos.
There are things I miss about about living there in the circumstances I did.
I couldn't do the things I did then in the heat and terrain now. It's easy to overlook the fact that it was a job I got paid to do; not much, but there were other benefits. Trying to maintain the land, fencing and animal enclosures was hard work at any age; at sixty nine years old it's grave digging.:lol:

What I'm missing currently is these. I can't find anything in the UK that isn't masquerading as art with the appropriate price tag, or only suitable for chicks.

Attachments

• P8164330.JPG
    P8164330.JPG
    608 KB · Views: 5
  • P8164329.JPG
    P8164329.JPG
    587.8 KB · Views: 5
I couldn't do the things I did then in the heat and terrain now. It's easy to overlook the fact that it was a job I got paid to do; not much, but there were other benefits. Trying to maintain the land, fencing and animal enclosures was hard work at any age; at sixty nine years old it's grave digging.:lol:

What I'm missing currently is these. I can't find anything in the UK that isn't masquerading as art with the appropriate price tag, or only suitable for chicks.

I know you worked hard over there, I recall seeing pictures of the house you built. Hope things are physically easier now.

Those crocks/waterers(?) are interesting, never seen anything like that.

Those are the waterers you had there? So cool and not plastic which is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom