Full Moon Egg Setting Who wants to join?

Oh sorry, between Thanksgiving, working (on Thanksgiving) and another hatch going on Thanksgiving Day into Friday...and today, I didn't even candle my Jersey Giant eggs. I did add water and turn them. I might as well wait to candle on Tuesday, now, because that is my lockdown day.

I'm still in!!!
wee.gif

Quote:
Went into lockdown today on some eggs I set on Nov.8th . I will go into lockdown on Monday for the eggs I set exactly at 3:18pm on Nov.10th (Full Moon)

Nice good luck. I am so confused. I set on the 10th also. I have counted the days starting with the 10th as day one and I still get today as day 18. What am I doing wrong with the counting thing? Maybe I have been locking down a day early all along and keep thinking my chicks are late. Well if you are locking down tomorrow, then so am I, unless someone decides to start pipping. I have D'Uccles and Silkies.
celebrate.gif

Michele

Quote:
Yeah How did your thanksgiving day hatch go?
Michele

I got 9 chicks out of 15 shipped eggs!!! That is my best percentage of shipped eggs, so far! I am VERY happy!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Margo

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

i would be
celebrate.gif
if that was me, shipped eggs and me don't go well. But I'm still glad for what ever I get.
Michele

Well I set at noon on the 10th, and I count today Sun as the 18th day so I locked down today at noon. The lockdown was 25 out of 40 so we will see how it goes. Wish me luck! Hopefully I am not a day early and I will have chicks on Wed. the 21st day the way I calculate. Time will tell. Trying to keep humidity above 65% at lockdown. The first 18 days were mainly dry hatch. Around the 10th day my humidity dropped to 20 so I added a little water and keep it around 30% the rest of the time. Fingers crossed on the first hatch in years!

Going into lockdown tomorrow!!
fl.gif
I had 2 quitters on my orpingtons, and 4 on my BBS cochins...so I should be setting 18...I will candle before I lock down, hoping everybody is still kicking!! Excited to see the results of this hatch...hoping everybody has good rates!!

Went into lockdown on Saturday. So far 7 pips and several wigglers. Another batch are going into lockdown today.
jumpy.gif

Set 9 EEs and all 9 made it to lockdown. I haven't had good hatches in my Sportsman, but the others that I hatch in are all full of eggs or being soaked, so I'm hoping I do better. Last time only 1 pipped and none hatched.

Back
Top Bottom