fuzzi's Chicken Journal

I only wish my chickens were as enthusiastic about devouring stink bugs, which are currently attempting takeover via en masse. But dead/dying stinkbugs smell musky, and I guess my chickens don't want stinkbug breath, for which they can't be blamed. Crickets or brown tasty water bugs would probably be less objectionable to their palates 😅

We got a new roof, too! Your rain barrels are a great use of all that water runoff. Edit to ask if roof granules affect rain barrels in that they get inside and must be cleaned out?
We have a lot of Stinkbugs here, they come from the orchards when it starts turning cold.

My birds will NOT touch them. This is their reaction when they see one🤣

ice hockey GIF by EASPORTSNHL

Abigail's molt :eek:

View attachment 3946732
View attachment 3946733

She's active, chasing after the crickets, and also she gobbled down a couple collard leaves by herself. I can't see anything wrong, but just looking at her makes me cringe!
:oops:
Don't you just feel so bad for them!

Active, chasing crickets and eating Collards sounds like she's doing o.k.!

I have a GF Hen that is in hard molt, she's not keen on letting anyone near her so she's spending a lot of time up in the rafters of their area. She comes down for food/treats and is very vocal, so she's fine, just prickly😊

Thanks. I can't help but worry, she's my first experience with a hard molt.
In the past I have had hens that dropped a lot of feathers all at once. They looked naked. Coop looked like a chicken exploded.

When they started to feather they really looked like a porcupine.

Abigail does not look too bad.
I have an Abigail too. 🤗 She is a Cream Legbar who is also molting now.

Back
Top Bottom