GAINESVILLE, FL~Seminar/show/sale~UPDATE 10/15/09-Map added pg. 1

This is great!
big_smile.png
It's practically in my back yard, I have to go. I am so glad I found this thread.

I actually have a couple of Delaware hens that look really good. I think I'll bring them. So now I have to figure out how to get a bird ready for a show.

Here are the fliers and registrations (at least scanned versions of them)...if you right-click on each photo and then click on "print picture" you should be able to have what you need! If not, PM or email me and I will happily email them to you in Word.

Here is the flier:
img076.jpg

And this is the registration:
img075.jpg

Looking forward to "showing" with you guys!!!

Last edited:
It would really be great if an agenda for the seminar could be posted, including times of the different parts of the seminar and the names of the speakers. I attended part of the seminar in Ocala yesterday, because I was interested in hearing the part about parasites and diseases in hopes of getting some specific information about what is prevalent in this area and what is recommended for prevention/control/vaccination. After the NPIP portion, there was quite a bit of discussion about showing, but no indication of when the part about housing and health issues would be presented. I think it would be best to post a schedule so that those that are not interested in showing, for example, could plan their day to attend the part that is relevant to them.

Also, I would recommend that, if possible, a poultry vet be enlisted to give the diseases/vaccination part.

These are really good suggestions! Keep the suggestions coming...we can make it better and better in years to come.

If you attended the Ocala seminar, I suspect this may be very similar. Cindy Kinard is the speaker at this one too. She is also the poultry judge who will judge our show that same day. Actually, as we were putting together the "show," Cindy suggest us piggy-back on the day of the seminar. So as of now, we have no agenda. However, Cindy is very accommodating and is likely to speak to any questions you may have....

Great to hear your input!
smile.png

Quote:
Sounds good. The seminar is being presented by others but I will forward your suggestion to them. I'll also ask about a poultry vet to speak...that's a great suggestion. Heck, just finding one would be a miracle!

Quote:
Thanks so much for your support.
smile.png
She's coming home for 2 weeks R and R October 20th !!!!
wee.gif
She's so bummed that she can't get here in time for the show/sale. We tried to get it a week later but it just couldn't happen...
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom