Geese Bedding Options

SnowDragon06

Chirping
Apr 30, 2024
I have to White Chinese Geese and we currently use straw as bedding that we change out daily. My geese don't like wood shavings and have had cuts from the wood which is why we switched to straw. We are looking for a better option that will contain the feces better and be easier to clean. I am wondering if Geese are ok with the horse pellet bedding or if they will eat it and if I should stay away from it. Thank you for any help you can give on this.

Is this bedding in a coop/shed? If so what size is that coop? I can't imagine you would ever need to replace straw bedding every single day for just two geese unless you're using minimal amount of it in a tightly confined area. My three ducks sleep in a small shed and I only need to replace their chopped straw every two weeks. Can you be more specific about the kind of straw you are using and better explain why you're having an issue with it?

Chopped straw and we have a smaller coop that was given to us. We are planning to upgrade the size of coop in the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom