Geese wont sleep in run

Gazergirlstar

Chirping
Mar 24, 2024
South Carolina
hey i have 2 Embden geese (m/f ) they are about 6 months old , even though we have tried they wont sleep in a coop at night. they love to sleep right next to our back door and under my rose bushes, In the spring/ summer this isn't an issue but since temps are starting to drop . i live in the midlands in SC so we don't get tons of snow but i am lost on what to do to keep them warm from the frost and ice we do get ? Any ideas welcome !

1729262292380.png

How big is the coop?

Also just don’t ask them kindly, they won’t go in the coop. I found positive re enforcement helps with ducks and geese.

Just get them some lettuce or grapes and lure them in there until they go in there themselves

How big is the coop?

Also just don’t ask them kindly, they won’t go in the coop. I found positive re enforcement helps with ducks and geese.

Just get them some lettuce or grapes and lure them in there until they go in there themselves
i dont remember the excite size but it was big enough for the 2 of them to be comfortable , im thinking maybe because its on the back side of the yard and they want to be at the back door .. we are looking into more options, i just hated hearing them honk in distress after being locked up

i dont remember the excite size but it was big enough for the 2 of them to be comfortable , im thinking maybe because its on the back side of the yard and they want to be at the back door .. we are looking into more options, i just hated hearing them honk in distress after being locked up
It’s hear them honk and cry or worry constantly about them out in the cold

Back
Top Bottom