Genotype of Norwegian Jaerhone

Steinagarden

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2024
I found 1 thread about this before, but not enough replies or info. Does anyone here know the genetic code of the breed or could have a guess? It seems they must have different or mixed E-alleles, based on the chick down. They are not wild type, but E, eWh or eb and/or mixes of these.

What else? They come in light and dark "yellow/brown", but I can't find more information about that. Are they cream ig/ig (maybe not, only the rooster is light, what gene makes him light)?

Has anyone tried crossing them with a different breed and has photos of the outcome? (could tell me something about the genetics based on the other breeds known genetics)

I also know they are barred and autosexing (BB rooster and B hen)

Photos of the breed:

R.png
37684df4f12211bbcdde804abcd216d3.png

Males on top, females bottom

1729602601598.png

1729602627267.png

This is just what I think based on the photo...
The pictured ones look like barred red partridge to me (e^b/e^bB/BMh/Mh)
Some alleles of barring have a lot of white on the males. I can see the male is clearly gold-based, he still has the red on his neck, it's just he's got a lot of white due to the double copy of barring.

It's also possibly not an allele but a gene that modifies barring, I don't know. I do know some cuckoo d'Anvers males come out almost white sometimes.

I found 1 thread about this before, but not enough replies or info. Does anyone here know the genetic code of the breed or could have a guess? It seems they must have different or mixed E-alleles, based on the chick down. They are not wild type, but E, eWh or eb and/or mixes of these.

What else? They come in light and dark "yellow/brown", but I can't find more information about that. Are they cream ig/ig (maybe not, only the rooster is light, what gene makes him light)?

Has anyone tried crossing them with a different breed and has photos of the outcome? (could tell me something about the genetics based on the other breeds known genetics)

I also know they are barred and autosexing (BB rooster and B hen)

Photos of the breed:

View attachment 3970421View attachment 3970422

Males on top, females bottom

View attachment 3970423

View attachment 3970424
The Males are: e^b/e^b, s+/s+, B/B, ig/ig.
Lemon Crele, but on Partridge Base.

Females are: e^b/e^b, s+/-, B/-, ig/ig.
Lemon Crele, but on Partridge Base.

I'm talking about the pheomelanin not the eumelanin.
I'm sure some Jaerhons have lemon but not the ones pictured.
The cream legbar hen I had looked really similar in color, a darker gold, so Mahogany may have been present, which does result in a darker color rather then a light lemon.
I only have a picture when she was a young pullet though.
20220921_100737.jpg

Back
Top Bottom