Giving 2 by my hens Suprelorin Implants (important)

guest226

Chirping
Nov 18, 2023
Hi everyone. I have a vet appointment on Wednesday and I have the option to give two of my hens that have issues a Suprelorin implant.

My EE (3 years) that was previously egg bound with a bursted shell less egg. She has been very active and acting very healthy, however still has watery poo sometimes and has laid 3 soft shelled eggs in the past few days. She laid one regular egg besides the other 2. She’s on calcium but I suspect a damaged shell gland.

My Buff Cochin (3 years) that was diagnosed with coelemic distention a month ago. She displays inactive behavior and has a large swollen belly, but not red or hot and not hard. Feels like soft tissue. Has only laid one egg in 2 weeks, but there is no lash material or anything abnormal coming from her. Before she had been laying consistently. Has history of bumblefoot that has been treated almost fully.

They both eat and drink.

My main questions are:
is there a chance the implant will have negative impacts on their activity and behavior?

What if one of my hens is still laying soft shelled eggs at the time of implant?

Should I give my EE the implant or should I just wait it out?

Thank you for your time ❤️ They are just my two most sweet affectionate hens ever, and I would like to help them live long happy lives.

Attachments

• IMG_0952.jpeg
    IMG_0952.jpeg
    468.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3392.jpeg
    IMG_3392.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone. I have a vet appointment on Wednesday and I have the option to give two of my hens that have issues a Suprelorin implant.

My EE (3 years) that was previously egg bound with a bursted shell less egg. She has been very active and acting very healthy, however still has watery poo sometimes and has laid 3 soft shelled eggs in the past few days. She laid one regular egg besides the other 2. She’s on calcium but I suspect a damaged shell gland.

My Buff Cochin (3 years) that was diagnosed with coelemic distention a month ago. She displays inactive behavior and has a large swollen belly, but not red or hot and not hard. Feels like soft tissue. Has only laid one egg in 2 weeks, but there is no lash material or anything abnormal coming from her. Before she had been laying consistently. Has history of bumblefoot that has been treated almost fully.

They both eat and drink.

My main questions are:
is there a chance the implant will have negative impacts on their activity and behavior?

What if one of my hens is still laying soft shelled eggs at the time of implant?

Should I give my EE the implant or should I just wait it out?

Thank you for your time ❤️ They are just my two most sweet affectionate hens ever, and I would like to help them live long happy lives.
Sorry for the constant tags… it’s just an important decision i have to make before wednesday! i appreaciate you’re guy’s input a lot and it really helps me when situations get tough.

@Eggcessive
@Wyorp Rock
@azygous

I have no experience with these implants. But, if you can provide them for these two troubled hens, I feel it would be giving them some wonderful added days to their lives that they can enjoy without their previous reproductive woes.

I have no experience with these implants. But, if you can provide them for these two troubled hens, I feel it would be giving them some wonderful added days to their lives that they can enjoy without their previous reproductive woes.
thank you :) I want them to live happy pain free lives for as long as possible.

thank you :) I want them to live happy pain free lives for as long as possible.
I asked about them a few months ago directly to persons I know have had them implanted on their hens. I am sending you their replies in a PM as I am not sure they wanted to see it published publicly.

Back
Top Bottom