Golden Laced Wyandottes

RMHughes

Chirping
Jan 22, 2021
Hatched together on Feb 17th supposed to be hens but I'm thinking one of these is a Roo? I'm fine either way because I love all chickens equally, but I am curious.

pullet and roo.png

Hello!

Yes, I think your suspicions are correct and the one in the front is a cockerel.

I am very glad that you’re one of those people who values the roosters’ lives just as much as the hens’, because most often nobody really cares about them. I know it’s much harder to keep them and often times they cause more problems, but they’re chickens just the same and I think they deserve a chance, so way to go!

I'm no expert with sexing but I do believe you possibly got 2 cockerels ... I definetly see the hackle feathering in the front/darker one but think the back/lighter one hackle looking cockerel to me but my eyes are as young as they used to be :lol:. @JedJackson Need your expertise here ... Thank you in advance

I'm no expert with sexing but I do believe you possibly got 2 cockerels ... I definetly see the hackle feathering in the front/darker one but think the back/lighter one hackle looking cockerel to me but my eyes are as young as they used to be :lol:. @JedJackson Need your expertise here ... Thank you in advance
The one in the back barely has any comb or wattle color or development. Also, her lacing pattern is the female version, look how different it is from the other one's. Females are laced evenly throughout; males have areas of different color, and only some areas are laced.

Back
Top Bottom