Goose constipated and weird voice

starrymutt

Chirping
May 28, 2024
My one goose Ella, who's around 5 months old, seems to be constipated the last couple of days. I've watched her try to go and it looks like she's straining only for a tiny bit to come out, it's solid, but about the size of my thumb. I tried expecting her crop but I couldn't find it.

She also has a voice change, a little wheezy low deep voice verses her siblings are all loud and normal. She used to have a normal voice but now can't hiss and her honk is more like a squeak, her chittering is deep. This has been going on for a few months. I tried listening to her breathing and she had a bit of clicking on the left side.

I can try getting a video of it tomorrow, her siblings are nosy so always get in my space.

She's eating and drinking fine. I tried doing a molasses flush but I'm not sure if she got enough. She doesn't really seem lethargic and just slow to get moving. No other symptoms.

Her siblings are all fine. Maybe white watery poop but occasionally. They're on Purina Duck All Lifestages feed with barley, their bedding is pine shavings with straw for warmth and occasionally grass hay for extra.

They free range so I'm not sure if she ate something she shouldn't have. We don't have a vet near us that'll take exotics

My one goose Ella, who's around 5 months old, seems to be constipated the last couple of days. I've watched her try to go and it looks like she's straining only for a tiny bit to come out, it's solid, but about the size of my thumb. I tried expecting her crop but I couldn't find it.

She also has a voice change, a little wheezy low deep voice verses her siblings are all loud and normal. She used to have a normal voice but now can't hiss and her honk is more like a squeak, her chittering is deep. This has been going on for a few months. I tried listening to her breathing and she had a bit of clicking on the left side.

I can try getting a video of it tomorrow, her siblings are nosy so always get in my space.

She's eating and drinking fine. I tried doing a molasses flush but I'm not sure if she got enough. She doesn't really seem lethargic and just slow to get moving. No other symptoms.

Her siblings are all fine. Maybe white watery poop but occasionally. They're on Purina Duck All Lifestages feed with barley, their bedding is pine shavings with straw for warmth and occasionally grass hay for extra.

They free range so I'm not sure if she ate something she shouldn't have. We don't have a vet near us that'll take exotics
I would strongly advise getting a vet to have a look at her if you can. This could be a few things but asper commonly affects the voice when it’s progressed pretty far. 🙁

Back
Top Bottom