Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

:lol:      I have a med a size dog that is a wuss until she had been nipped on the butt one to many times by our gander, she turned on him 2X thank goodness all she got was a mouth full of feathers but scared the poop out of me. I don't let them be together now unless I am supervising their relationship. 

Yeah our George will retaliate after a while. He's generally ok with big juicy chickens flapping about the place, there were some close calls to start with and thankfully they just ended up with a mouthful of feathers! They don't bother so much anymore. They spend more time stealing eggs from the illegitimate nests in the barn! :lol:

I know! And even though Snow isn't a snugglebug he is usually friendly and will walk up for chest scratches. What he did was very out of character for him. I'll keep an eye on him, spend time trying to reinforce the fact that I am NOT to be bitten! Not even 1 halfhearted bit is allowed, because my hubby is drooling over a goose dinner. And sorry to say, if Cream is a gander as suspected that means I have 3 and hubby will push for me to give him one. :idunno. Hubby also suggests keep the friendliest ganders and eating the least friendly one. Of coarse with Cream being an African and bigger than the Chinese my hubby may change that to lets eat the fat one! :th. ugh. Need coffee to deal with this headache.

On the good side, the divider came out of the pen last night. Everyone is doing ok, a little bulling going on but nothing dangerous, just them establish their pecking order business.

It's not easy. We started breeding for meat last year. That was part of the experimental hatching to see which crosses had the best meat birds but we've only gotten round to 3 chicken dinners! :rolleyes: I haven't even thought about how we'd go about it with a goose but that would only come about if I got more eggs and the were more ganders.
Good news about them getting along. :D

I'm thinking today that Moose is a girl and Mmmmm is a boy. Twice today Mmmmm has put itself in between Moose and a dog!

this is family 4
pic is very bad but its the best i could do
smile.png

She has 6 babies also
smile.png

Iain she actually has 6 not 5 so i was one short
smile.png

She has 3 lavenders(one is B.AfricanXEmbden which i slipped under her) and two are embden looking goslings and one is pied
smile.png
Congrats serv what a wonderful looking family you have there. I wish I could see them closer though...
wee.gif
yesss.gif

Yeah our George will retaliate after a while. He's generally ok with big juicy chickens flapping about the place, there were some close calls to start with and thankfully they just ended up with a mouthful of feathers! They don't bother so much anymore. They spend more time stealing eggs from the illegitimate nests in the barn! :lol:
It's not easy. We started breeding for meat last year. That was part of the experimental hatching to see which crosses had the best meat birds but we've only gotten round to 3 chicken dinners! :rolleyes: I haven't even thought about how we'd go about it with a goose but that would only come about if I got more eggs and the were more ganders.
Good news about them getting along. :D

I'm thinking today that Moose is a girl and Mmmmm is a boy. Twice today Mmmmm has put itself in between Moose and a dog!

Eating my chickens don't bother me, but thinking about eating my goslings does. Guess I'm strange that way. Now I'm adding duck to the flock next week so that will be another, to eat or not to eat type thing. Although I don't think crested ducks are meat ducks.

Even though I new to chickens Im kinda doing the same. All my birds are dual purpose egg layers

Last edited:
[COLOR=0000FF]Congrats serv what a wonderful looking family you have there. I wish I could see them closer though...[/COLOR] :weee      :yesss:

yea my skills arent good but it was going to rain so i made a quicky but there will be lots of pics as all the babies grow :)

Back
Top Bottom